Monday, January 3, 2011

"But Charlie, don't forget...

...what happened to the man that suddenly got everything he ever wanted:  He lived happily ever after."

And that, folks, sums up today.  My husband and I are proud parents to a fantastic 7 1/2 year old, a wonderful 4 year old and today, we found out that we are expecting twins.  AND we saw heartbeats.  Like from actual, beating, still forming hearts.  We hadn't expected that at all.  We knew it was early, but our IVF office accommodated us with an early ultrasound because Jeff is leaving the country for a month, and wouldn't get to be at the first ultrasound, otherwise.

We were beyond thrilled when we saw two sacs, but were brought to tears when we saw slight flickering of movement from what would be two, perfect little hearts.  I am shell-shocked and a deer-in-the-headlights, while also having it finally feel real and tangible.   This is absolutely unreal and looking me in the face all at once.  My head is soaring in the clouds and my feet are firmly planted on the ground.

For one of a handful of times in my life, I'm speechless.  Since there are no words, I'll share some pictures:













2 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful, my heart leapt when I read that it's twins!! So very happy for you x

    ReplyDelete